Friday, December 2, 2011

Spotlight on PG Forte (and that Rhymes with Foreplay)!

Believe it or not, how to correctly say PG Forte's surname was my first official introduction to my antho sister.  The moment I popped over to her website, clicked on her blog and saw the "Rhymes with Foreplay" banner, I knew I had found a kindred spirit. :D



If you look at her Amazon Author's Page, you realize just how incredibly talented this woman is.  Steampunk, fantasy, paranormal, M/M, erotica, series romance... there's nothing she can't do!  My current main goal in life is to meet with PG in person so I can 1.) get her autograph, and 2.) buy her lunch and persuade her to let me pick her brain for a couple of hours.  I'm telling y'all, this woman might not know everything, but it's close enough for me. 




One last thing I love about PG... she's not.  PG, I mean.  As in, rated-PG.  She belongs to a group of outstanding, red-hot romance writers called The Nine Naughty Novelists.  PG doesn't know this (because I've never told her), but long before we both wound up working together on Carina's Press's A CLOCKWORK CHRISTMAS, I had stumbled my way onto the Nine Naughty Novelists' website (I mean, c'mon... with a name like that, you would have taken a peek too, right? :D).  At that time, the nine authors were having a ball posting round-robin chapters on a romance trope-filled spoof called THE ZILLIONAIRE VAMPIRE COWBOY'S SECRET WEREWOLF BABIES.  As I snort-laughed my way through it, I never imagined that I was destined to meet up with none other than one of those amazing authors. *fangirl sigh*



Okay, enough gushing, it's time to get to the good stuff!  And let me tell you, THIS WINTER HEART (available December 5th from Carina Press) is sooooooooo good.  Everyone has different tastes, of course, and I love all the novellas in A CLOCKWORK CHRISTMAS.  That being said, PG's novella is MY kind of romance.  Like all the others, I read it in one sitting.  Unlike all the others, I was cussing out the hero, Dario, right out of the gate.  Damn, that stubborn man pushed all my buttons from the get-go!  But that's okay, because in my opinion, that's the best possible sign there is.  Feeling passionate about characters means that this story will live on in my memory long after other, less weighty stories have faded away. 




THIS WINTER HEART
By PG Forte
Releases December 5th!
THIS WINTER HEART still hasn't faded for me, thanks to the sexy, stubborn Dario.  Without spoiling things too much, Dario is frozen emotionally at the beginning of the story, to the point where he seems almost inhuman to his estranged wife, Ophelia, and their son.  This apparent lack of human compassion Dario initially displays is the ingenious twist that PG pulls here, because... well, things aren't what they seem with Ophelia.  I'd love to talk more about what defines humanity and the soul's ability to love unconditionally, but then I'd be giving the game away.  Just do me a favor -- go read THIS WINTER HEART.  Then we'll talk about the brilliance of PG Forte, who turns established ideas of the human heart upside down, and proves beyond all doubt that love is the ultimate power when it comes to defining who we are.



Intrigued yet?  You should be, so read on!


Blurb:


Santa Fe, The Republic of New Texacali, 1870


Eight years ago, Ophelia Leonides's husband cast her off when he discovered she was not the woman he thought she was. Now destitute after the death of her father, Ophelia is forced to turn to Dario for help raising the child she never told him about.


Dario is furious that Ophelia has returned, and refuses to believe Arthur is his son—after all, he thought his wife was barren. But to avoid gossip, he agrees to let them spend the holidays at his villa. While he cannot resist the desire he still feels for Ophelia, Dario despises himself for being hopelessly in love with a woman who can never love him back.


But Dario is wrong: Ophelia's emotions are all too human, and she was brokenhearted when he rejected her. Unsure if she can trust the man she desperately loves, she fears for her life, her freedom and her son if anyone else learns of her true nature...


30,000 words

Available at:


Amazon: http://amzn.to/tKeB5W


Carina Press: http://bit.ly/tku1cn


Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/sOMdCJ


AReBooks: http://bit.ly/sjycT7


Tomorrow, I review the novella that took me TWO FREAKING DAYS to recover from -- JK Coi's FAR FROM BROKEN!

A CLOCKWORK CHRISTMAS
Releases December 5th!

4 comments:

  1. I love PG Forte.. and I loved A Clockwork Christmas..thanks for sharing all this wonderful info on one red-hot author :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I love PG and since reading This Winter Heart I've glommed all her backlist titles I can get hold of. So fantastic -- as are all my Antho sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimba -- Isn't PG awe-inspiring? I'm so glad I could share a little of what I've learned about her with everyone. If I can, I'm going to try and get her autograph in Chicago! *scheming face* :P

    JK -- I've become such a crazed fangirl of all my antho sisters. I swear, you guys will always have a fan/friend/sister in me! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are the best. I'm NEVER gonna stop blushing at this rate.

    ReplyDelete