Monday, July 8, 2013

UGLY DUCKLINGS FINISH FIRST Is At Carina Press!


 
 
Yippee!  UGLY DUCKLINGS FINISH FIRST has shown up on Carina Press’s site!  That means it’s just about everywhere it should be now, from Amazon and Barnes and Noble, to Goodreads and Shelfari. So go forth and put it on your TBR lists! *throws confetti*

The fictional town where UDFF takes place is Bitterthorn, Texas, a tiny dot on the map that's been in my mind for a looooong time. I think I wrote the first Bitterthorn story when I was in my early twenties (which was also a loooooong time ago, heh), when writing was something I did to pass the time. UDFF isn't that first story; I can't even remember the details of that particular plot.  But I remember loving the town that sprang up in my mind, and that's why this book means so much to me.  Bitterthorn is a part of me now, and I can't wait to share it.  My hope is that the reader will be pulled into a bit of Texas life, where everything's a little spicy, a little sultry… and more than a little wild.
 
UGLY DUCKLINGS FINISH FIRST is just the first glimpse into the lives and loves of the townspeople of Bitterthorn, and I hope you’ll enjoy it so much you’ll want to come back and visit again and again. :)
 
 
BLURB:

Metal Mouth. Queen Geek. Dr. Payton Pruitt heard it all growing up. But she’s over it, and attending her ten-year high school reunion is the perfect way to prove it to herself. Even if there’s only one person she’s interested in seeing in Bitterthorn, Texas: Wiley Sharpe.

Now a respected lawyer, Wiley didn’t live down to the label Most Likely to Be Slapped with a Paternity Suit. But recent acts of vandalism suggest someone still sees him as a heartbreaker, and the reunion seems a likely place to find the culprit. Instead, Wiley comes face-to-face with his old pal Payton—and is wowed not only by her transformation into a ravishing swan, but by the connection they still share.

Payton is pleased the playboy she used to tutor has grown into an honorable man, but she’s too smart to fall for a guy with roots in a place she couldn’t wait to leave. But while Payton is an academic genius, Wiley is the one with the PhD in pleasure, and he intends to use it to convince her to stay…

63,000 words

(For a closer look at UGLY DUCKLINGS FINISH FIRST, please feel free to look at its Pinterest storyboard.)



No comments:

Post a Comment